Here are few of the photos from our oldest daughter Sarah's two-week trip to Israel. Click on the photo to enlarge.
The ruins of Masada. It gets as hot as 125 degrees F there.
The Wailing Wall.
The Dome of the Rock. Only Muslims are allowed inside.
A suspicious looking cafe in Bethlehem.
This is a gate at Tel Dan that Abraham probably walked through.
The entrance to Armageddon or Tel Megiddo, a city mentioned in the Bible.
This is the room where they grew the pillars at the Roman city of Caesarea Philippi. Just kidding. It's really the ruins of a bath house. These pillars held up a floor and warm air would circulate between the pillars to keep the water heated.
The theater at Caesarea Philippi. The city was destroyed in an earthquake almost 2000 years ago. Only 25 percent of it has been excavated so far. They're saving the remaining 75 percent for future archaeologists with better techniques and technology.
Winnie The Pooh's tree at Tel Dan!
Beautiful flower in Israel.
Market Street in the Old City of Jerusalem.
Via Dolorosa. Notice the bread at the KFC stand.
Garden of Gethsemane.
You can see here the Jewish custom of leaving a stone at grave sites and memorials. This is a memorial at Yad Vashem, Israel's largest Holocaust museum.
Remains of an ancient swimming pool at Caesarea Maritima.
Speaks for itself.
Sitting at the Seat of Judgement at the city gates at Tel Dan.
View of the Mediterranean Sea from Sarah's hotel room in Netanya.
Ruins of a Crusader Fortress at Caesarea Maritima.
Sarah at Masada.
So sorry I have been out of pocket as of late, but I have been very busy these past few weeks going through my mother-in-law's things since she has passed away. I am hoping to get back into a routine real soon and get back to working on my projects in The Artistic Mother's Art Group. Thank you for your patience.
I have found some vintage treasures amongst her belongings. If you are interested in taking a look, you may head over to my sewing blog, Sewing With Trudy.
Most of the photographs on my blog have been wiped out. Somehow they were lost. It would be too time consuming to replace. I have placed a few pictures here just so that it will not be completely blacked out. I now blog over at Sewing With Trudy if you would like to visit and follow me there.
Welcome! I am a God loving, homeschooling mama of six, Mimi of two and sewing enthusiast. This is where I chronicle my creative adventures. I am so glad your creative journey has brought you here. As the daughter of a gifted sewist and crafter, I spent my childhood in a home brimming with paintbrushes and sewing notions. Thank you so much for making Sewing With Trudy a part of your day. Enjoy your visit.