MIXED MEDIA - COLLAGE - CRAFTS WITH MY KIDS - THE ARTISTIC MOTHER ART GROUP

Sunday, August 29, 2010

You are Special


I would like to remind you all just how special you are to God. Your worth is not based on your accomplishments or mistakes you may have made. God loves you just the way you are. He wants a relationship with you, just because He made you and you are His. Think about how you feel about your own children. You love them no matter what. Your love for them is not based on their performance, and you are always ready to forgive them. I think we judge ourselves too harshly, and we can't forgive ourselves. I think that hurts God because He wants so much for you to know how much you mean to Him. So I encourage you to gather up all of your hurts and past regrets and put them in a bag and give them over to God and never take the bag back again. It is a burden you were not meant to carry. Let God carry that burden for you. That is one of the reasons Jesus went through what He did on that cross, to release you from all burden and sin, to take that upon Himself. And He would have done it if you were the only one on this earth. Now that's powerful. Be free and soar. Be who you were meant to be.

“What is the price of five sparrows—two copper coins? Yet God does not forget a single one of them.  And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.  Luke 12:6-7

12 comments:

  1. trudy....this is an absolutely beautiful post.
    thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is POWERFUL and brought tears to my eyes. Thank you

    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for such an encouraging blog. I'm your newest follower from the 40+ blog hop and I'm glad I found your blog. What a beautiful picture of you and your child in those fabulous wooden chairs. I hope you'll come visit and follow my blog too. I'd like for us to be blogging friends. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I'm visiting from Java's blog hop, and you have a lovely blog. I'm going to be back to read through all of your art posts and links too.
    Cate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Trudy for your beautiful positivity and supportiveness! I had a really bad experience last night with just how horrible women can be to each other, and it is so nice to be reminded that women can create supportive, nurturing spaces for each other! Loving all the amazing creative ladies who make up this online community!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for an encouraging blog. Beautiful and honest. It was nice of you to stop by....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Trudy. I just don't think I have a bag big enough LOL. Off to think of a "handing over" ritual.
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks trudy...i needed that!!! my blog explains my long time awvy from blogging....its good to be back....hugs...xxxx to you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from the Blog Hops! I love your site. I can't wait to get to know you better. Stop by when you get the chance. I have a Meet Me Monday blog hop and I would love if you could join in.

    http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is a beautiful post thanks so much for sharing...I added you to my follow list hope you stop by sometime..
    http://www.livelaughlovewiththeponderingprincess.com/2010/09/how-do-you-make-lemonade-out-of-these.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails