MIXED MEDIA - COLLAGE - CRAFTS WITH MY KIDS - THE ARTISTIC MOTHER ART GROUP

Friday, November 13, 2009

Wild and Crazy Collages

These are the collages I made in the two-day collage workshop I attended. For the most part, I guess you can say that they are abstract collages and the viewer can read into them what he or she wishes. You may want to see if anything stands out to you. What do you see, an angel, a tree, a bunny rabbit, anything? Do any of these pieces speak to you in any way? Do you sense a meaning or message coming through? They may speak different things to different people. I did kind of have a theme and/or meaning in mind in the triptych, but I am leaving it up to the viewer to see if it speaks to them in any way. Do you notice a dominant element within the three panels? Does it flow from one piece to another? Does your eye travel throughout the pieces, taking you from one to the other?

In each collage, see if can recognize the dominant element. It can be a dominant color, shape, or materials being used. Now don't fret if you don't pick up on any "hidden shapes" or "pictures" or meaning because like I said, it is abstract. Many people will only see a bunch of colors and shapes here and there, and that's okay. There doesn't have to be a meaning. Some people see something in other's work; some never notice anything at all. But is it pleasing to the eye? Is there something you like about it? Because to be honest with you, with all of the collages I did here, with the exception of the triptych, there was no plan of design or hidden meaning when I made them. I made decisions on where to place the pieces of torn paper and other materials as I went along.

Now go easy on me because these are the first collages I've ever made. I learned a lot in those two days, and I have many ideas floating around in my head that I want to try. There are several things that I will do differently the next time around. Sorry about that last picture, but I just couldn't get it to turn the right way. I'm still trying to figure out these silly little computers. They have a mind of their own.

The first collage is my personal favorite. Okay. Now don't be shy. Do you have a favorite? Can you tell what materials I used in these collages? Please tell me what they are. Remember. I blog for comments. If you click on the photos, you can see a close-up view.

In my next post, I'll share with you some of the paintings and collages that were done by the others members of the workshop. And post after that, I will give you a tutorial of how I sandwiched the cord and leaves between rice paper.






The three panels of collages below are a triptych.







1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails