MIXED MEDIA - COLLAGE - CRAFTS WITH MY KIDS - THE ARTISTIC MOTHER ART GROUP

Monday, May 17, 2010

Welcome to Our Newest Artistic Mother Member & her Latest Project - Phenomenal!!!

Please join me in welcoming Emily of Super Stitches. She is 9 years old. She has a blog where she blogs about her art, craft and sewing projects; and she also happens to my daughter. She has been doing these projects right along with me and asked if she could join our group. I thought: Why not? I hope you will help her feel welcome and visit her when she posts her Artistic Mother projects and any other time it strikes your fancy, too. Below are photos of her vision banner. Lovely. Isn't it? I'm not sure which day Emily will be posting her vision banner because she will be doing a giveaway on her blog starting on Monday. You can keep an eye out for her posts on my blog roll for The Artistic Mother's Art Group in my sidebar. She'll move to the top when she posts something.





***If you are new here, I am hosting an online art group where we are working through the 12 -project workshop in Shona Cole's book, The Artistic Mother, together and blogging about our progress and visiting and encouraging one another. The purpose of this group is to learn how to balance our time between family, life's responsibilities and creative time for ourselves; to learn how to fit a little creativity into each day; to nurture our own souls so that we can be better moms and wives and to prevent burnout and depression. Please click here to read all of the details and leave a comment there if you would like to join us. In my sidebar, you will see a blog roll for the participants of this group if you would like to visit around. There is also a Flickr Group for The Artistic Mother if you would like to see the projects we have been doing in this group. The book can be purchased at Barnes & Noble, Borders and other bookstores as well as Amazon. You may also visit the author at her blog, An Artful Life.

17 comments:

  1. what a beautiful young lady, can't wait to go visit her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. her banner is wonderful and I love her goals.....way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific, well placed goals:) Lovely banner... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trudy, that is adorable, I love all her goals and that you are including your kids in your projects. My goodness, that photo of her - she looks like an adult!!! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must be so proud! Her work is wonderful - and I love her goal to make a deck of ATC's! I look forward to supporting her, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so pretty and her artwork is lovely. So glad she became a member!

    ReplyDelete
  7. phenomenal is right!!!
    what a gifted little girl...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I love all the things she included on her banner, especially her love for the Lord! My daughter, who is just about the same age, has wanted to start a blog for some time now. I want her to do so too, as it seems like a great way for her to practice writing, typing, etc., but have been a little slow to get it started as I try and figure out how best to protect her and keep her as safe as possible in the crazy world of the internet. Have you taken any special precautions in this way, or do you have any suggestions?

    By the way, I read some of her blog and she writes very well! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is Wonderful Trudy! I was telling my 8 year old about your daughters blog last month...maybe she will start one next fall.

    Your dd is doing awesome/1 My dd has been doing it along with me but I have been slack in this group this month. It is the end of some of our homeschool groups activities so we have been way busy with that.

    I can't believe your dd is just 9!! My dd looks several years younger at almost 9.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The picture of her in the tree is one I have taken often of my dd...reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how incredibly precious! And what a wonderful banner she has made! So glad she has become a member!

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome! :) it is so wonderful to see your daughter making goals and making art. what a lovely banner! keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the insights! She (my daughter) read this post and Emily's blog a few days ago, which renewed her desire to get one up and running herself. Thank you for not only inspiring us artistically, but as parents, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How wonderful! My book is due to arrive tomorrow and I can't wait. Tomorrow at the library I will be looking over the past posts to see what others have done. I think I will get my artistic almost ten year old daughter involved too.
    Warm wishes, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, she is so impressive! welcome to her, I look forward to seeing more of her creations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Super-talented mother & daughters. Your family is beautiful & inspirational. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!
    http://mintnclandycreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and talented young lady!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails