MIXED MEDIA - COLLAGE - CRAFTS WITH MY KIDS - THE ARTISTIC MOTHER ART GROUP

Monday, April 12, 2010

No Sew Poetry Tote for Week 3 of The Artistic Mother Workshop

Guess what? You don't have to sew your poetry totes! There is another option. Hallelujah! Shona has done it again. In her post today she has a tutorial on how we can alter an existing canvas bag or how you can take fabric and staple and glue it together. Now who would have thought you could use staples and glue? We just have to learn to think outside the box. There is always more than one way to do something. The project instructions in this book are just a guide. They are not a prescription. So if you were dreading the sewing portion of this workshop, just head on over to An Artful Life and get some other ideas. And sign up for her giveaway of art supplies that you can use for the projects in this workshop in a previous post while you're there. Then head on over to the Arts & Healing Network to read a book review they have done on Shona's book, The Aritistic Mother.

Now I have to decide if I am going to sew mine or alter a canvas bag. The photo above shows my poetry journal from Week 2, a canvas bag I could use and fabric quarters I have already purchased to sew my tote. So we'll see. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. And don't forget to load your completed projects on to The Artistic Mother Flickr Group when you are done. The link is in my sidebar.

And if you would like to join The Artistic Mother's Art Group or find out more information, follow the link I have in the upper right-hand corner of my sidebar to the post I've done about this group and leave a comment there.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. I love this project and that we can take a little shortcut when we don't have time to sew! I shall be heading over to Michael's this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the shout out Trudy! I would hate to think that anyone didn't have options. My book is a guide, there are literally hundreds of other ways of doing one project! I hope that no one in your group gets bogged down. I am excited to see how your tote ends up, you have a lot of fabrics to choose from. I am always interested in how different everyone's looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trudy,

    I have an award for you at my family blog! It is really a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I have and say is....You are such a sweet heart.
    And I'm making another tote bag! Yippy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is going to be beautiful - however you decide to make it! I look forward to the results and thank you for the link, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Thank goodness for no sew canvas totes!! Starting mine this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails