MIXED MEDIA - COLLAGE - CRAFTS WITH MY KIDS - THE ARTISTIC MOTHER ART GROUP

Monday, March 15, 2010

A Must Read for Artsy Moms

Donna of Comin' Home has done an awesome post about the creative home. She shares about her childhood growing up with artist parents and how she has raised her own children in an artistic environment and how she has accomplished this. She shows us how we too can have creative homes, how our children and husbands can join us in our creativity, how we can put it into action. Very easy, practical, common sense advice. Living the artistic life for this family just comes naturally. It's not something they have to think about. It's just what they do, how they live. It's as natural as breathing and eating. It's a part of the everyday routine.

This is one of the most amazing posts I think I have ever read on the subject, and Donna is an amazing person. If you have not met her yet, I encourage you to look around her blog. It is by far my favorite homemaking blog. She is a wife, mother, homemaker, sewer, artist, song writer, home educator and more and probably one of the sweetest women you will ever know. I am so excited about what she shares in her post, and I can't wait to put it into practice. I want what they have for my family.

The post is rather long; so make sure you have five minutes to read it when you go. But it is worth every minute. I encourage you to read it all the way through. I truly believe that it will make a difference in your life and that of your family and help you along this journey that we are all taking together of learning how find the time for our art and making it our lifestyle, daily. I'd love to know what you think of her post after you've read it.

And hope you enjoy the above photos of my family having fun together playing frisbee in the backyard. We cherish our family time, and I love to share some of our special moments with you. They are what make my life worthwhile.

8 comments:

  1. i finally did my backgrounds over the weekend...going to post about it today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this link, can't wait to go and visit her now. I still remember the very first time I met an 'artistic mother' at the age of nine. She was the Mom of a friend and it changed my life forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trudy, I'm so touched by your sweet comments about my post and blog. I didn't think to write about our 'creative' home..it's actually a very normal home. If it hadn't been for a comment by Lorraine yesterday, I might never have talked about the subject. You don't talk about eating, drinking, or sleeping..you just do it. Making something new..is a craving I have and I assumed the kids would have it too, which they did and do. I'm glad the post encouraged you. You are such a blessing to me and a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trudy, thanks so much for the recommendation! I'm heading over to Donna's blog as we speak...errr...write. And I love your family pictures. What memories you are creating! And I do agree with you, it is the family special moments that make it all worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. will check it out now...hugs...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. heading over there right now. thanks, trudy...
    after saturday's outing with my daughter to the gallery & seeing how much she enjoyed it, i had decided i would do this type of thing much more often & really provide sofia with a more creative home environment. this will be a perfect read for me....:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. one phrase comes to mind..the family that plays together stays together..great photos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Trudy, I live in Texas also and have a blog list . I would like it if you would come to visit and be a follower of mine.

    Look forward to returning when time allows to read more.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails